"Love! Do you know the meaning of the word?" 'How should I not?' said the Lady, 'I am in love...in Love Himself.'
~C.S. Lewis
The Great Divorce

Monday, December 15, 2008

My First Blog

Well actually this is not my first blog. I have posted numerous notes on myspace and facebook, but have gotten complaints from people who do not have accounts being unable to view them. (As if it is difficult to take five minutes and sign up for an account.)
My URL may be cause for reflection among you, my new readers. Do not speculate on the origin unless you are an avid reader of Shakespeare...which somewhat ironically, I am not.

It comes from The History of Troilus and Cressida and is my adaptation of the following lines:

I am giddy; expectation whirls me round.
Th' imaginary relish is so sweet,
That it enchants my sense.

With that bit of housekeeping out of the way, I would just like to inform you, my reader, that I will be commenting and/or bloviating on religious, political, and cultural issues. I will also discuss books, music, and sports. Please tune in next time for another exciting read!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment