"Love! Do you know the meaning of the word?" 'How should I not?' said the Lady, 'I am in love...in Love Himself.'
~C.S. Lewis
The Great Divorce

Friday, February 4, 2011

Melancholy and February

It's that time of the year when all the schools where I work begin to ask me about making a committment for next year. I love all the places where I teach-and that is not simply lip service. CHA, HFS, Joyful Sounds, and RES, are all great and unique environments. But I can't shake the feeling this year of being in a rut. Mind you, it is a comfortable rut. Nonetheless, I hear the words of the hobbit Bilbo Baggins, when he exclaimed to Gandalf "I want to see mountains!"

There is a part of me which is desperate for another adventure...another mountain to climb, another goal to accomplish. I wonder if it is simply Satan making me discontented. Or, is it really time for me to do something different? Something bold? I'm really undecided on this one...






1 comment:

  1. While I understand your feelings on seeking another adventure, I think you might find adventures in your students. It's a selfish thought on my part, because I have seen the impact you have had on Macy this year at CHA. You are leading the students to their own adventures. But I know the thoughts, oh so well, of thinking there might be something else out there...

    ReplyDelete